jeudi 26 avril 2012

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FRENCH

If you didn't know yet...I'm French. What does it mean? it means, I'm rude, obnoxious and think I'm better than anyone else. Nice to meet you.


 BREATHE! it's all a myth.


French people are raised with understanding what R.E.S.P.E.C.T is, they demand it and as long as they have it, they will offer it back. They are very fair people. Monkey see, Monkey do.

French people love art, music, politics and theater. They love anything that will stimulate their senses: Proust, Pablo Picasso, Moliere, Edith Piaf are just to name a few legends that French people adore. J'adore. By the way If you haven't seen La Vie En Rose with Marion Cotillard...you should. She is also starring in one of my favorite french movies, Love Me If You Dare with Guillaume Canet, who you would reconize from the movie The Beach with your favorite Leo Dicaprio....aie aie aie ma que calor!




French people are not rude, they just don't put on a mask. They are hard-core real, what you see is what is you get and it might bother others.We are private with our emotions and very in tune with them. If we love, we love hard. If we don't like you, well then run!
I remember the first time I walked in a clothing store in LA, the sales person asked me in a machinelike manner "Hi how are you?". My first thought was -have I met her?- second thought was -does it really matter to her how I'm doing?- third thought was -That's none of your business- The explanation of this thought process, if you really think about it, doesn't come from rudeness it just comes from the fact that deep inside, with all honesty, that sales person could care less how I am doing, actually has she was saying these words she was probably wondering if she didn't forget to pay the cable bill. I'm saying this because it's now been 5 years that I live in the US, and I'm in that sales person's shoes, with the slight difference that I'm a waitress but I ask the same question everyday. Do I really pay attention to the answer? well NO. I'd probably be petrified if someone answered "I'm not doing well. Let's talk about it." Oh dear.....aren't they people paid to do that? -_- Basically what it's coming down to, is that we are like the little fox in the Little Prince...Il faut nous apprivoiser.

We are sensitive and loyal people, once we open our arms to YOU it is a lifetime journey. We will truly care for you because commiting to you is something we are not afraid of. We don't waste our time with fake encouters, actually I've never experienced one in France...it was always Black or white...That's what Coco Chanel did best. No wonder, she's French.




1 commentaire: